McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a well-known Accountancy Practice who are looking for a Personal Tax Senior to join their growing Private Client tax team near Bromsgrove. Reporting to the Personal Tax Director, the role would ideally suit an ATT or CTA Qualified tax professional or someone Qualified By Experience. You will be coaching junior staff, reviewing personal tax returns, dealing with some expat/global mobility assignments and you should be able to demonstrate some basic Personal Tax advisory expertise and knowledge. Key duties include:
- Processing & submitting personal tax returns and reviewing non-complex tax returns within agreed service and quality standards
- Helping to manage a varied portfolio of HNWI’s, contractors, self-employed, business owners and non-residents (approx. 150/200 individuals)
- Assisting with tax queries from Expat’s/Non-residents and dealing with global mobility issues from clients
- Assisting with HMRC tax investigations and dealing with valid tax claims (entrepreneurs relief, VCT/EIS relief)
- Working with families and SME’s/Sole Traders to help reduce tax liabilities where possible
- Developing tax efficient structures in relation to global mobility, and assisting with wealth re-distribution for tax planning purposes
- Liaising directly with clients regarding Personal tax or Expat tax matters/queries on the phone and in person
- Assisting the Personal Tax Director in overseeing a number of graduate-level tax staff
- Ensuring that the quality of personal tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales, and adhering to the Firm’s quality standards.
- Liaising with the Personal Tax Director to ensure that work is completed within budget and within HMRC tax deadlines
To be considered for the role you should ideally be seeking a move to an Accounting Firm where wider responsibilities and a broader client base will be made available to you. Knowledge and experience of preparing & submitting personal tax computations, dealing with Expat Tax and Global Mobility tax issues would be a distinct advantage and assisting in the management of personal tax portfolios is required. With excellent team working skills and relationship building skills, you should be able to help develop new and existing business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £40,000 (depending on experience and qualification) + excellent benefits including flexible working, 25 days holiday, corporate pension scheme and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Midlands) Office on 01889 390 380 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile