Mixed Tax Director (Personal Tax & Corporate Tax Director) – SUPERB ROLE
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top20 Regional Accountancy Firm who are looking for a Mixed Tax Director (both personal tax & corporate tax) to join their growing team in Central Reading. As the lead tax specialist for the office, you will be managing a team of three, and will be able to leverage from the excellent work already done to deliver specific and therefore value-added tax services to clients. The role would suit an existing Tax Director or Tax Senior Manager from another mid- to Top100 or Regional Accountancy practice, ideally someone who is looking for quick progression to a Partnership opportunity in due course. Key duties include:
- Developing corporate tax efficient strategies and assisting with personal-related tax interests
- Providing support to clients with complex UK and International corporate tax issues
- Dealing with corporate tax planning, cross-border tax structuring and deal tax structuring activities
- Liaising with Partners regarding tax projects for individuals (eg, dividend planning, EIS, CGT, Non domicile, VCT, IHT)
- Overseeing a team of three junior tax staff
- Ensuring that the quality of tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales
- Working with Partners across the Region to grow and develop the firm, and increase advisory services to clients.
- Engaging with local referrers and other external third-parties regarding business development
- Confidently explaining tax issues and options to clients in a non-technical manner, and presenting to small groups in client workshops or internal training courses.
To be considered for the role you should be in a recognisable Regional or Top100 practice and there is a preference for ACA/ACCA and/or CTA/ATT qualified’s. Knowledge and experience of both corporate & personal tax issues and management of large client portfolios is required. With excellent team working skills and relationship building skills, you should be able to develop new business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £90,000 depending upon experience + bonus + excellent benefits including 25 days holidays, pension and healthcare schemes. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile