McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a high-growth entrepreneurial Accountancy Practice who are looking for an Audit Manager / Audit & Accounts Manager to work in their Buckinghamshire based team. With a client base covering London and the Thames Valley, the role will involve controlling all Audit plans and their delivery, supervising Audit Seniors, meeting budgets/targets and financial reporting. Key duties include :
- Assisting Partners with managing client portfolios, ensuring all Audit & Account engagements comply with audit standards and internal procedures
- Controlling all audit & account assignments and liaising with Directors or Partners as necessary
- Supervising the work of Audit & Account Seniors including on-the-job training
- Performing spot checks on files prior to being passed to Partners
- Providing technical audit assistance and performing technical checks
- Organising the delivery and oversight of training and reviews with the Head of Department
- Budgetary planning and monitoring the team’s work against agreed targets
- Preparing and reviewing work papers, along with drafts of financial statements
- Addressing and discussing with clients any technical audit/account issues identified during the course of audits
- Identifying areas requiring improvement in client accounting processes and providing recommendations
- Planning audit & account assignments that are larger, more complex or high profile
To be considered for the 25% Audit & 75% Accounts position, you should be able to project a professional, credible image with confident communication skills and be an ACA or ACCA Qualified Accountant. From a Top100 (or highly regarded regional) Accountancy Firm, you should have strong staff management skills, be up to date with current auditing techniques and have strong working knowledge of UK GAAP. You should be self-motivated, energetic and be able to take the initiative with excellent planning, organisational and team working skills.
On offer is a base salary to £65,000 depending on experience, 25 days holiday, pension & healthcare schemes, hybrid working and other flexible benefits. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone on 01183 245 245 or via email at [email protected].
McGinnis Loy Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act