McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a highly respected Top40 Accounting Firm who are looking to recruit a Client Accounts Manager to join their growing Business Services team in Watford. Managing a portfolio of small and medium-sized businesses, this is a fantastic opportunity to use your experience and skills towards achieving promotion in the future, and key duties include:
- Managing and developing a portfolio of clients including budgeting and billing, and attending a number of prospect meetings
- Providing advice to clients on various matters from changes in accounting/payroll legislation to systems-related projects
- Managing statutory accounts preparation assignments, and finalising accounts with Partners
- Preparation of Corporate Tax Returns in conjunction with accounts for FRS 105 clients.
- Finalising accounts under the overall control of the Senior Manager and Partners.
- Assisting with business development activities to attract new clients
- Liaising with other managers to ensure all client work is completed accurately, within budget and on time
- Dealing with client questions, concerns and monitoring profitability of each assignment
- Managing a team of junior staff to deliver Accountancy services to clients
- Working with Xero and QuickBooks Online, advising cloud-based clients as required
- Agreeing fees for Account/Tax/Value Added Work (e.g. HMRC enquiries) with clients and arranging collection of fees
- Implementing Client Relationship Strategies and client referral Strategies
To be considered for the role you should be seeking a firm where wider responsibilities, personal ownership and a broader client base will be made available to you, and knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and computerised accounting packages (eg Quickbooks and Xero Online) would be a distinct advantage. With experience in client portfolio management, preparing full accounts, tax computations etc you should be able to meet client and HMRC deadlines, work within a fast-paced environment and manage a close-knit team. You should ideally be a Qualified ACA or ACCA Accountant.
On offer is a salary up to £55,000 + excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, pension (with 5% employer contribution), healthcare scheme and income protection. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading office) by telephone on 01183 245 245 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or other opportunities in Finance & Accounting or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.