McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a well-known North London Accountancy Practice who are looking for a Qualified Personal Tax Senior to join their growing team of 20/25 staff. Reporting to the Personal Tax Manager, the role would ideally suit an ATT qualified or ATT finalist from another mid-tier or Regional Accountancy practice. You will be assisting with coaching junior graduates, reviewing personal tax returns and you should be able to demonstrate some Tax advisory expertise and knowledge. Key duties include:
- Processing & submitting personal tax returns and reviewing non-complex tax returns within agreed service and quality standards
- Helping to manage a varied portfolio of HNWI’s, contractors, self-employed, business owners and non-residents (approx. 150/200 individuals)
- Assisting with ongoing HMRC tax investigations and dealing with valid tax claims (entrepreneur relief, VCT/EIS relief)
- Working with families and business owners to help reduce tax liabilities where possible
- Assisting with tax efficient structures and assisting with corporate re-organisation’s for tax planning purposes
- Liaising directly with clients regarding personal tax matters/queries on the phone and in person
- Assisting the Manager in overseeing a number of junior personal tax staff
- Ensuring that the quality of personal tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales, and adhering to the Firm’s quality standards.
- Liaising with the assigned Tax Manager to ensure that work is completed within budget and within HMRC tax deadlines
To be considered for the role you should ideally be in a well-known Small/Regional Accounting firm, seeking a move to a Tax practice where wider responsibilities and a broader client base will be made available to you. Therefore, knowledge and experience of preparing & submitting personal tax computations, dealing with complex tax issues and assisting in the management of personal tax portfolios is required. With excellent team working skills and relationship building skills, you should be able to help develop new and existing business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £40,000 with excellent benefits including 20 days holiday, pension scheme and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates on 0845 862 6202 or via email at email@example.com
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile