McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top40 UK Accountancy Practice who are looking for a mixed UK/US Personal Tax Accountant to join their growing team in Central London. Reporting to one of the Personal Tax Managers, the role would ideally suit an ACA/ACCA or ATT/CTA part-qualified or someone Qualified By Experience from another mid- to top-tier or Regional Accountancy Firm. You will be assisting with coaching junior graduates, preparing both UK/US personal tax returns and you should be able to demonstrate some Tax compliance expertise over a number of years. Key duties include:
- Processing & submitting UK and US personal tax returns and reviewing non-complex tax returns within agreed service and quality standards
- Helping to manage a varied portfolio of HNWI’s, contractors, self-employed, business owners and non-residents (approx. 150/200 individuals)
- Assisting with ongoing basic HMRC tax investigations and dealing with valid tax claims (entrepreneur relief, VCT/EIS relief)
- Working with UK & US families and business owners to help reduce tax liabilities where possible
- Liaising directly with clients regarding personal tax matters/queries on the phone and in person
- Assisting the Personal Tax Manager in overseeing a number of graduate-level personal tax staff
- Ensuring that the quality of personal tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales, and adhering to the Firm’s quality standards.
- Liaising with the Tax Manager to ensure that work is completed within budget and within HMRC tax deadlines
- Supporting the Senior Tax Manager with their work on a wide-ranging portfolio of US clients
- Maintaining a record of UK & US Tax Returns and ensuring all Returns are filed on time.
To be considered for the role you should ideally be in a Top100 or well-known Regional Accounting firm, seeking a move to a larger accountancy practice where wider responsibilities and a broader client base will be made available to you. Therefore, knowledge and experience of preparing & submitting UK personal tax computations (ideally US tax returns too), dealing with tax issues and assisting in the management of personal tax portfolios is required. With excellent team working skills and relationship building skills, you should be able to help develop new and existing business, work well under pressure yet still deliver on time and budget.
On offer is a salary up to £34,000 + ATT study (where applicable) with excellent benefits including 24 days holiday, company pension scheme and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates on 01183 245 245 or via email at email@example.com
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile