McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top Accountancy Practice who have seen vast growth over the last few years and are looking to recruit a Mixed Tax Manager (Personal Tax & Corporate Tax) for their growing team in West Birmingham, to focus on the SME/OMB client market. The position is to support Tax Partners within the office, and the role would suit an ACA, ACCA or CTA Qualified tax specialist from Top100 or well-known Regional Accountancy practice firms. Key duties include:
- Providing personal & corporate tax compliance and advisory services in support of the Tax Partners to a client portfolio.
- Maximising fee income and generating new client and tax consultancy work from a portfolio.
- Management of a mixed tax function and staff, ensuring efficient production and quality levels are met and that junior tax staff are developed to achieve their full potential.
- Managing the tax advisory projects for a portfolio of clients, reviewing CT600 returns & work carried out by team members to ensure work is completed within timeframes and budget
- Responding to personal tax and corporate tax queries from clients and undertaking Partner billing
- Providing advice on a wide range of personal tax and corporate tax matters (both domestic and international)
- Attending client meetings and presentations, corresponding with clients and external tax agencies
To be considered for the Mixed Tax Manager role you should be ACA, ACCA or CTA qualified with excellent knowledge of UK personal & corporate taxation and preferably an awareness of international tax issues. With 3+ years post qualification experience ideally, you should have good knowledge of tax accounting (including CGT, IHT, deferred taxation and account disclosures) along with the ability to build strong relationships with clients and you should be able to take personal responsibility & accountability for your own work. You should have a strong commercial awareness, be client focused, have excellent staff management skills/coaching of others and an ability to manage change.
On offer is a salary up to £60,000 depending on relevant experience + 25 days holiday, pension scheme, healthcare and a choice of other non-core benefits. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Midlands Office) by telephone on 0845 862 6202 or via email at email@example.com
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile